Air Traffic Control Specialist: Radar Approach controller.
- 14 years experience as a U.S. Air Force Air Traffic Controller
- Ensured safe departures and arrivals in a category 3 environment
- Certified trainer for position certification. Conducted testing in both simulator and non radar scenarios. Developed and administered written tests for position certification
- Precision approach Radar certified
- Supervisor for newly assigned personnel. Responsible for duty assignments, training, and career counseling.
Terminal Instrument Procedures specialist (T.E.R.P.S)
- Designed, planned and published departure and arrival flight procedures coordinating with the FAA to flight check and publish.
- Scheduled and conducted flight check of newly developed procedures for both real world and exercise situations.
- Interpreted and updated topographical maps used to design flight procedures using data from the National Geographic (mapping) Agency
- Set up air operations at Cairo West, Egypt, Jordan, and various locations in the USA. Surveyed the area, developed procedures, and established mobile ATC equipment. Coordinated with the FAA for flight check and publishing of approach and departure procedures.
- Spearheaded Air Operations for Central Command task force to set up an Air Expeditionary Force in Jordan. Responsible for all Air Traffic Control operations and information gathering to ensure U.S. air operations in Jordan
- Coordinated and scheduled airspace use for military operations at the Joint Readiness training Center (J.R.T.C) at Fort Polk, LA
- Ensured airspace corroders were clear of both civilian and military traffic during training missions